Cookies Read More
Cookies are short fragments of text that allow the server managing the website to store on the user’s terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) information that can be reused during the same visit to the site (session or temporary cookies) or later, even several days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored by the browser (internet browsing program), according to the user’s preferences.
Similar technologies, such as, for example, beacon web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, may be used to store and collect information on user behaviour and use of the services.
In the remainder of this document, we will refer to cookies and all similar technologies, which we will refer to generically as “cookies”.
Types of cookies
Depending on their characteristics and use, cookies fall into different categories:
- Third party cookies. When visiting a website, cookies may be issued by the visited site (internal cookies) or by sites managed by other organizations (third parties). Examples of “social plugins” are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn or other tools generated by Google (Youtube and GoogleMaps) and Yahoo (Flickr). These are parts of the page visited issued directly by these sites and inserted into the home page. These plug-ins lead to the transmission of cookies from and to all sites managed by third parties. The management of information collected by third parties is governed by the third party information notes, which we invite you to consult. For the sake of greater transparency and to help you in your search, we indicate below the internet addresses of the pages containing the information notes on the third party cookie management policy:
- Facebook (information): https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): access your personal account, in the private area
- Twitter (information): https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Linkedin (information): https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Google+ and other Google tools (information): https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ and other Google tools (configuration): https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/managing/
- Flickr and other Yahoo sites: https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/fr/yahoo/privacy/topics/cookies/index.htm
- Amazon (info and config): https://www.amazon.fr/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=548608
The kviffcogim.org website also includes certain elements provided by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Here too, these are third-party cookies which are collected and managed anonymously for the purpose of monitoring and optimising the performance of the host site (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses “performance cookies” to collect and analyse information about user behaviour and to provide you with a better understanding of how users use the website.This information is processed in order to obtain information on how the kviffcogim.org website is used and thus optimize its operation according to the needs of the users.
For more detailed information, please refer to the links mentioned below:
The user has the possibility to disable, in selective mode, the action of Google Analytics by installing on his browser the “opt-out” link provided by Google. For more information on disabling Google Analytics, please see the link below:
Duration of validity of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active as long as you browse the site and are deactivated as soon as you close your browser software or execute the logout command. Other cookies “survive” after the browser is closed and are reactivated when the user visits the site again.
The period of validity of these cookies, known as persistent cookies, is set by the server at the time they are generated. In some cases, a maximum duration is set, in other cases this duration is unlimited.
The kviffcogim.org website does not use persistent cookies, except to store your acceptance of the registration of cookies (which is expressed by closing the banner of the short information note). This cookie is valid for one year. While browsing the pages of the kviffcogim.org website, the user may be exposed to third party sites that may generate or modify persistent or profiling cookies.
The user can decide whether to accept or block cookies by configuring their browser.
The deletion/refusal of third-party cookies has no effect on navigation. The settings can be made specifically for the various websites and applications. In addition, the best browsers allow fine tuning and separate adjustment of the management of “proprietary”, i.e. internal, cookies and third-party cookies. For more detailed information, please refer to the links below:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-8